Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Wheat Pasta

K I have a suggestion for the blog that would be cool. After you cook the dinner take a picture. I'm having trouble trying to picture some of these meals but they sound really cool. I've started using wheat noodles a lot lately, but I'm not super fond of them if they taste too wheaty. To me it tastes like cardboard. I made spaghetti with wheat spaghetti noodles and then mixed the sauce in and put mozzerella cheese over it and baked it until the cheese melted all over. It was so yummy! I had my brother over and he totally couldn't even tell that it had whole wheat noodles in it. The next week though I made a casserole with some wheat egg noodles and canned clams and diced tomatoes and it was totally overwhelming on the wheat. It probably didn't help that I used crushed up wheat chex as the topping lol. Does anyone know other good ways to hide the heavy wheat taste? My kids and I totally are getting to where we can't tolerate white flour anymore because of digestive problems and the more fiber we can get the better. I have to say it's definately helping us to eat much more healthy.

1 comment:

mierva said...

Hey Tara - I just got used to the taste. I'm sure it helped that the more I thought about white flour pasta the more clogged, unhealthy and bloated I felt!
For dishes that others are going to complain about, I use Smart Taste or something like that. Not as great as multi-grain or whole wheat but it has a lot of fiber and stuff. :-)